It’s wonderful that you’ve chosen to take part in one of our adventure activities in Aoraki / Mount Cook.
The safety, security and enjoyment of our customers is our number one priority and we have thorough procedures in place to ensure your well-being. All adventure activities carry risk of varying degrees and we cannot fully guarantee your safety or the safety of your belongings, but rest assured we will take all reasonably practicable steps to identify and minimise potential dangers.
Please read this risk statement carefully, as by booking and/or participating in our adventure activities, you are confirming that:
You understand that there are a number of risks you may face including (but not limited to):
- personal injury such as bumps, bruises, strains & sprains. In exceptional cases, this could include serious injury or death
- losing or damaging your belongings (such as cameras, phones and clothing)
IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT THESE RISKS, YOU MUST WITHDRAW FROM THE ADVENTURE ACTIVITY.
You agree that to the extent permitted by NZ law:
- to assume all the inherent risks of participating in the adventure activity
- to release us from liability, howsoever caused, in connection with your participation in the adventure activity which may give rise to damage to or loss of your belongings, disruption to your travel plans or loss of any other kind.
You understand that the activity can require physical exertion and may include exposure to vigorous unanticipated body motion, it is your responsibility to make sure you are healthy enough to participate and disclose any relevant pre-existing medical conditions prior to booking including any history of back and/or neck injury;
You agree to follow our instructions and use any safety equipment we provide at all times; and you understand that:
- we may remove you from an adventure activity if we consider that you are likely to endanger yourself or others
- we may use any images or photographs that we take of you in our promotional material, including on our website or social media
- we may use any personal or health information collected about you to help you acquire or access the services that we provide. We will not disclose any of your personal or health information, other than in accordance with the Privacy Act or Health Information Privacy Code.
Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured, please refer to www. acc.co.nz. We strongly recommend that all visitors to New Zealand should have full insurance covering any personal injury and loss or damage to belongings they might suffer, including medical treatment.
This risk statement is made under New Zealand law.
References to “we”, “us” or “our” means Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Limited trading as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD, Ultimate Hikes-Aoraki Mount Cook and Big Sky Stargazing and includes our related companies, directors, officers, employees or agents.